Monday 28 March 2011

Song Of The Day 28/03/2011: Lower Dens - Rosie

Lower Dens hail from Baltimore, which seems to be a pretty happening place for shoegaze and dreampop type stuff at the moment. I've been really enjoying their debut album, Twin Hand Movement, recently. It mixes the beautiful, husky vocals of Jana Hunter with intricate guitars and sometimes krautrock-y drum patterns. I'm seeing them live this week as support for Deerhunter, which I'm looking forward to a lot, and there's certainly something of Deerhunter circa Cryptograms about them.

This song's probably my favourite from the album, a slow-burn intro which gives way to one of the more melodic vocal lines on the record, but, really, they're all good, and the album has a very cohesive and nocturnal ambience which is really nice. Check it out! I might do a review when I get round to it, although it's been out for a while now.

Lower Dens - Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment