Wednesday 23 March 2011

Song Of The Day 23/03/2011: Jay Reatard - Always Wanting More

A slight departure from most of the stuff I psot here today - it isn't often that you can use the phrase 'proper riffage' about stuff on this site. This song, from Reatard's 2008 Matador singles compilation, is probably the best thing I've heard from him. A lot of his stuff can sound a lot like early Supergrass, but this is more of a straight rock track.

I was shockingly late getting into Jay Reatard, hearing very little of him until over a year after his death in January 2010, but I've been making up for lost time recently. I have to say I prefer his singles compilations to his albums - the Matador one in particular really is a stunning collection of songs - but pretty much everything he released as a solo artist is brilliant.

Jay Reatard – Always Wanting More

No comments:

Post a Comment