Tuesday 8 February 2011

Song Of The Day 08/02/2011: Semisonic - Brand New Baby

Continuing with yesterday's unashamedly fun, unintelligent pop, here's late-90s Minneapolis band Semisonic. This song was on the very first CD I ever owned, 'Great Divide', and really set the tone for my listening for the 12 or so years since then. I'm pretty proud that I was listening to this kind of stuff at the age of 10 - I still regularly crack out this album and the follow-up (Feeling Strangely Fine) as they are pretty much the best you can get from the 90s college pop-rock genre. They don't necessarily fit thematically with the rest of the music on this blog, but everyone has songs like this that remind them of their childhood. In fact, this is going to be a special 'Song Of The Day' - instead of (or possibly as well as) listening to this, go and listen to the first record you ever bought. Or any other song you were listening to at the age of 10 or so.

Semisonic – Brand New Baby

2 comments:

  1. I know what the first record you ever bought was, and it definitely wasn't Semisonic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says CD. It was definitely the first CD I ever owned.

    ReplyDelete