Wednesday 27 April 2011

Song Of The Day 27/04/2011: Ace Bushy Striptease - Let Us Sit Quietly and Listen to Pop Punk

Today's song of the day comes from the great Ace Bushy Striptease. To be honest they're one of the bands I've first checked out in the wake of them being announced for Indietracks, but I've really enjoyed what I've heard.
They aren't really a typical Indietracks band, if such a thing exists, as they don't really fit any of the stereotypes that might suggest. They do play with elements of the indiepop sound (in the naive-sounding boy-girl vocals especially) but they also touch upon noisy pop-punk and occasionally twinkly-sounding guitars + shouting that isn't (whisper it) too far from something Kinsella-y. Their songs are really hyperactive; as soon as they get settled into a verse they're done with it and move onto something else.
This is one of the best songs I've heard of theirs, the title presumably playing on CSS' "Let's Make Love and Listen to Death From Above". This is much better though, and says far infinitely more to me about my life than that does. And if there's one thing that indiepop and pop-punk share in their ethos then it's surely that. It's nicely tongue-in-cheek too (I love the vocal breakdown in the middle).

I'm looking forward to seeing them tear the roof off the church (I guess that's probably where they're playing) come July.

It's not on YouTube or whatever, but download all their stuff (including this song) at their website (cheers guys)!

No comments:

Post a Comment