Sunday 17 April 2011

Song Of The Day 17/04/2011: Another Sunny Day - I'm In Love With A Girl Who Doesn't Know I Exist

Here's another indiepop classic for you. Harvey Williams played with various bands in the late 80s and early 90s including the Field Mice and the Hit Parade, as well as releasing solo recordings under the name 'Another Sunny Day'. These bands were part of the Sarah roster, like Friday's Song Of The Day artist St. Christopher, and have a similar style. In my opinion Another Sunny Day's stuff has aged far better than many of his contemporaries. His complete recordings are available on 'London Weekend', a very hard-to-find album that contains some of the best singles ever released on Sarah. 'Anorak City' and 'You Shall All Be Murdered' are more famous, but my favourite is definitely this one, 'I'm In Love With A Girl Who Doesn't Know I Exist'. It's short length and the quintessentially Sarah sentiments don't detract at all from what is possibly the pinnacle of the Sarah era.

No comments:

Post a Comment