Tuesday 7 June 2011

Song Of The Day 07/06/2011: Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

Left it a bit late to blog today, so I'm not going to be able to do much more than a couple of sentences. I've decided that today, instead of posting something in any way new to me, I'll go back to one of my earliest musical memories. My parents were big fans of Fairport Convention, and I remember a lot of evenings back when I was young on which this song would be played at top, top volume directly below my room. This song, especially the bassline and Sandy Denny's spectacular vocals, will be forever imprinted on my psyche, along with a lot of the rest of the Fairport and Richard Thompson oeuvres. It could be a lot worse.

1 comment:

  1. And Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete