Thursday 2 June 2011

Song Of The Day 02/06/2011: The Wendy Darlings - Suffer Girl

This post marks the beginning of my gradual lead-up to Indietracks. I've only just started investigating some of the bands on the bill I haven't heard of, and the sunny weather has really got me in the mood for some of the proper twee on offer. Indietracks is one of the best places there is for this kind of thing - if you haven't got a ticket yet, or indeed don't know what I'm talking about, make sure you make the effort to go (although I'm not sure why you'd be reading this blog if you had no idea what it was).

I love the vocals on this song, especially the backing whoops. I haven't investigated much of their stuff, but they have a couple of EPs up on Bandcamp to listen to. They're the perfect level of twee for me - sweet, but not sickly, with a slight edge in the rhythm section.

No comments:

Post a Comment