Thursday 27 January 2011

Song Of The Day 27/01/2011: Shrag - Tights In August

This is a song from London/Brighton band Shrag's 'Life! Death! Prizes!', released last autumn. I really liked their preceding LP (not really an album, more of a collection of early singles), which has a few great singles on, but also quite a lot of filler. The new record (which played fairly highly in my run-down of 2011, and which has definitely gone up in my estimations even since then) manages to take the spirit of their first few singles and stretch it out over an album, adding in some better tunes and greater variation. This song could really have been any one of about 5 great tracks on this album, but I chose this one as it used to be my favourite Shrag track back in the days of the first couple of times I saw them.

Shrag - Tights In August

No comments:

Post a Comment